Apply for a Scholarship
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
* Seeking future-focused graduating seniors with a financial need and demonstrated character of resilience, positive attitude, and genuine interest in furthering their education.
* Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, a total family annual income under $100,000, and plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college, aviation pilot’s course, or other technical school.
* Scholarship funds will be paid in September 2020 in the first semester or January 2021 for the second semester of the student’s first year directly to the college or technical school and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to the Foundation at that time an invoice for second semester tuition and fees, student ID number and college information. Information on other funding sources including Pell Grants or other Financial aid must also be disclosed to the Foundation. Applicants who are successful (“Grantees”) will thereafter be responsible for thereafter supplying the Iron Ranger Foundation with certified transcripts of her or his progress at school and provide other information regarding schooling and status.
* Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are a qualified fit for this scholarship program. Iron Ranger Foundation strongly suggests that each high school or program liaison present this opportunity to the strongest applicants that match this program’s guidelines. Application deadline is September 1, 2020 by 4:00 p.m. to be received if the Foundation. Late applications are not considered without a showing of a particular hardship making the deadline impossible to meet.
* Scholarships may be considered for renewal in subsequent years of school attendance provided the Grantee meets criteria provided by the Iron Ranger Foundation. Previous awardees will receive a renewal application by March 1, 2021. Renewals will be considered based on an in-person interview, current academic standing and verification of continuous enrollment in a higher education program and other criteria.